Map of Humcic, 588 and Seneca.

Common discussions on Isonzo front

OdgovorNapisal/-a Josef Knorr » 05.08.2011 11:30:16

Gabor napisal/-a:Ooops, I missed! Option 2., the V shaped thing is of course in the upper right corner of the map.

The "V shaped thing" is actually harpin bend on a dust road. Perfectly shaped for parking a car there... ;)
Josef Knorr
k.u.k. Gartenheld

Kraj: na zidu

OdgovorNapisal/-a Hauptmann » 27.08.2011 13:42:44

Well, despite all your help we failed. We were able to find the V shaped corner in the road and walked unto what once was a path but were unable to go much deeper into the site. We just could not see the rest of the path. Maybe it can be done when there is less vegetation like in the winter but the site is indeed a bit overgrown as you all told us. Also we were a bit hindered by wasps and bees and did not want to get into a fight with a swarm of those. It would be nice if the sire can be made accessible in the future but that would cost a lot of effort I think.

Thanks again for all your help, we did (again) have a great week at the Isonzo.
Hauptmann
član

Kraj: Holland

OdgovorNapisal/-a Gabor » 27.03.2012 00:49:30

Back again after a while. I'm not sure that I will be able to go this year again to Bovec, but if I will, I'm going tol try to go up to Humcic and make a couple of shots as a guide.

When you walked from the road to the "once was path", there should be a hole on the left side going into the bushes. That is the beginning of a narrow path to the cavernas.
Gabor
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a Gabor » 14.08.2013 15:19:53

Update:

The mentioned path is almost impassable at the beginning from Hunski potok. Unfortunately the mark "Hunski potok" missed too since 2012.
I did not dare to risk through the first 30 meters with my wife, the path is at most 10 cm wide, probably only used by relic-hunters.

Anyway, if someone risks the path leads upwards from the ruined cabin (There was a sign saying Breza) on its right side (the sign is behind your back). The past year it was very hardly visible, but it leads back above 20 meters of the other and after a while it is clearly visible.
There is a junction of the small streambed that we crossed just before reaching that 180 cm high wall, under the cross made of barbed-wire.

Unfortunately it seemed that it will rain again so we did not dare to risk the top. It would be a nightmare if everythng is wet and slippery.

It is a pity, that the path is unmaintained, that would be great fun, but only in proper boots - not as the Ravelnik which can be visited even in slippers.
Gabor
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a Gabor » 15.08.2013 20:37:17

Update #2:

Humcic is reachable "from the back". That means that from the path marked yellow on the old map.

I advise the following:

Select tourist path B7. Park the car near the Soca as told earlier. Go further on the asphalt road, then turn right upwards on the macadam, to reach the mentioned bend.
Continue further on the macadam. You will find a sign that shows a path from the macadam to the right, B7A or B7B, I don't remember, sorry (if you go further on the macadam, you will reach a good viewpoint a couple hundred meteres away).
Go to that road to the right, it leads upward on a couple of steps. To the left you may find the gn positions that are on the map too, it worth a visit (at most 50 meters from the steps).
To the right the signed (re circle arond a white dot) path starts ascending in a beautiful forest on the slopes of the Javorscek. Some caves and positions may be seen.
After a long walk you will reach a small meadow, with beautiful panorama to the Bovec basin and the Rombon.
Going further, after about 1 km you will reach a junction, there is a stone by your feet saying "Cezs->". Go down on this path, after about 2-300 meters you will find a pole, from which a path goes to the right. Try to follow the path through the stones, keep in mind that the Humcic was in front of you when you left the path going to Cezsoca. So try to go slightly upward and to the left. If you miss the path,
a possibility to try to reach the saddle between the Humcic and the Javorscek, there are trenches on it. Follow them to the left, you will find the path nearby a tree wich has a sign attached to it sayng "BU...RS HOBOTNICA".
From here you can follow the path up to the peak of Humcic, and to the partisan memorial for sure. That was the point from where I turned back, but the path was visible.

Backwards it is the same, then follow the path down to Cezsoca.

The path B7 is beautiful (and so is the peak of Humcic) until the path going to the Valley of dwarves. THat path is a bit featureless, comparing to the other parts of this trip.
Gabor
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a Hauptmann » 07.02.2015 10:02:59

Thank you for this additional info!
Hauptmann
član

Kraj: Holland

Trip to Humcic

OdgovorNapisal/-a Gabor » 07.02.2015 11:57:53

I think the Humcic is no more reachable for those who never have been there.

The last year there was a landslide and the path that I have mentioned to descend in my 2013 post was closed, so I think that you can't go the whole trip that way. From the road going to the Valley of Dwarves it is still reachable, because the landslide may be further on than the trail leading up to the peak of Humcic, but the indicator post have been missed. A small pile of stones were on the right side, but because it is closed even that one, going upwards was hardly visible. So if you do not know where to go and cca. where to search for the trail up to the peak, you will get lost almost for sure. From the "main path" the trail leading up to Humcic was invisible after the first five meters. I knew where I had to go, so after about fifteen minutes I could find the path, but I doubt that one, who never have been there can find it. Maybe accidentally.

Once you've reached the top with the tin soldier guarding it, the path going further is passable, but washed down a bit. It seemed much more frightening than it finally was. Some trees were laying across the path further on. There is a caverna a bit further with a table indicating that partisans used it in WWII. That one is actually a tunnel, and I advise to use it instead of following the washed down path around the mountain.
That was the point from where we turned back, because there is a part of the path leading above an abyss made from two logs and those being about ten years old and looked quite bad. I did not risk the crossing with my wife. But I think from there the path leads down to the valley - through that part that seemed impassable two years ago.

It is a pity that this trail is not maintained anymore, because IMHO it may be a great touristic attraction - even without the historical aspects - of the Bovec basin.
Gabor
član

Prejšnja

Vrni se na Common

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 0 gostov