Discussions on unbublished immovable heritage

and the respect for the fallen?

OdgovorNapisal/-a orazio_pancrazio » 27.02.2006 20:39:53

Hello to everybody.
I think that this news doesn't need some comment

from The Gazzettino of Monday, February 27 th 2006

TRIESTE
The Austrian military cemetery disappears

A piece of Austrian history disappears from the cemetery in Trieste. The field reserved from over one hundred years to the burials of the AU soldiers has been cleared of the managed to make space to new burials. The rests of the soldiers that had served in the military under the AU flag have moved to a lapidary. -With the removal of the graves - has declared Erwin Schatz, president of the association of the Austrian Marina - a piece of our history dies. They had been only here not buried soldiers, but also many belonging to Austrian families that, to the times of the monarchy, for generations lives in Trieste-.
orazio_pancrazio
član

Kraj: Monfalcone

OdgovorNapisal/-a aljaz » 27.02.2006 20:56:46

Hello!

Is there any way, that we can help? With appeal to city authorities, maybe?
Al' jaz - al' ti
aljaz
član

Kraj: Steiermark

OdgovorNapisal/-a joelabrendola » 24.05.2011 22:00:59

and if not disappeared, sometime distructed by some vandal !
(Monte Mosciagh - austrian-hungarian cimitery n.3, near Asiago)

Slika
Slika
joelabrendola
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a yurko » 01.06.2011 07:06:15

Use Thumbnail for forums next time! Thanks.
prohereditate.com
yurko
Site Admin

Kraj: Haliaetum

Re: and the respect for the fallen?

OdgovorNapisal/-a PavelKrajsl » 20.09.2015 15:34:54

Good day!

I need help finding an ancestor in the 1st World War. His name was Jan Bačovský and and fell in Ujvidku in Serbia, Novi Sad today. He was admitted to hospital in a Red Cross Ujvidku and buried at the Roman Catholic Cemetery. If there is a monument would somehow went to photograph and send it?

Thank you very much and I'm sorry for the grammatical faults in my English.
PavelKrajsl
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a aljaz » 28.09.2015 09:16:24

Hello!

Maybe you should write an email to the city adminiatration on this site:

http://www.novisad.rs/eng

maybe they know more about the militar cemetery.
Al' jaz - al' ti
aljaz
član

Kraj: Steiermark

OdgovorNapisal/-a klemen55 » 05.12.2015 23:26:52

Hello Pavel,

Thank you for your message, Pavel.

As to your question I think the best thing for you would be to contact the JPK Lisje (Novi Sad), a public cemetery company, which is managing all the public cemeteries in Novi Sad (hun. Ujvidek), including the Catholic Cemetery (http://lisje.com/content/9-rimokatolicko-groblje).

You can contact them here (http://lisje.com/content/4-o-nama) and ask them if they can check their cemetery burial book for 1918 to see if they can find your ancestor respectively his grave or at least send you some pictures of the World War I cemetery or memorial, that is if they have one. I wouldn't be too much optimistic here, though. Many Austro-Hungarian military cemeteries in former Yugoslavia simply disappeared after World War I and especially after World War II, so there isn't much left to see today.

But if you are looking for the (Austro-Hungarian) military cemetery namelist in Novi Sad then I would recommend you to contact (or visit) the Kriegsarchiv Wien (Austria) to examine their archive fond ''Military Cemeteries, Yugoslavia'', where - with some luck - you can obtain such a list. Or you can also contact the Archive Yugoslavia (Arhiv Jugoslavije) in Belgrade (Serbia), where I believe they also keep the namelists of buried soldiers from the Austro-Hungarian military cemeteries situated on the territory of Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (Yugoslavia).

I hope this answers your question and I wish you good luck with your search.

lp,

Klemen
klemen55
član

Vrni se na Unpublished

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 0 gostov